Vitamin B Complex seems to be everywhere these days – in fact, it has so many known benefits and so few drawbacks that we include it in almost all of our IV infusions – but what is B Complex and why is it so important? We want you to know and learn why this is so important to add it into your weekly health routines. *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Vitamin supplementation is for wellness only, and not intended to cure or treat disease.
What is Vitamin B Complex?
Vitamin B Complex refers to an entire group of vitamins! Our IV form of Vitamin B Complex includes B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin, B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid), and B6 (Pyridoxine). Together, they work to help your body extract energy from food, but each has its own set of benefits.
What are all the benefits of Vitamin B Complex?
A Vitamin B Complex IV infusion is made up of 5 different vitamins, each with their own set of benefits:
- B1 (thiamine): Thiamine is used by the body to metabolize carbohydrates and is critical to our body’s cellular function. It plays an important role in our immune system function, and is used to help with many health conditions including: ulcerative colitis, alcoholism, canker sores, muscle recovery, cervical cancer, kidney disease, memory loss & Alzheimer’s. Alcohol both impairs the body’s ability to absorb thiamine and depletes it from the liver – up to 80% of people with chronic alcoholism develop thiamine deficiency – so special attention should be paid to this vitamin by those who regularly consume alcohol – hence why many people want an IV infusion bag when they are hungover.
- B2 (riboflavin): Riboflavin helps convert food into energy by breaking down fats, proteins and carbohydrates. It also allows the body to properly utilize oxygen which helps with circulation and blood flow. B2 aids the adrenal gland which is linked to our stress reactions. Riboflavin may help with migraines as well. A deficiency in riboflavin can lead to cracking skin around the nose and mouth, as well as eye issues.
- B3 (niacin): Niacin is so important and plays a role in ALL of the body’s systems! It helps break down food, acts as an antioxidant, and aids in cellular signaling and DNA production and repair. It can help lower cholesterol, give your brain function a boost, , help with arthritis, and even assist in treating Type I Diabetes! Niacin is huge for optimal health benefits
- B5 (pantothenic acid): Like other B vitamins, pantothenic acid helps your body break down your food and turn it into energy. It’s necessary for creating healthy blood cells which promotes healthy hair, skin and nails. In fact, pantothenic acid is a key component in many hair products, and studies have shown that it actually thickens hair fibers and increases their pliability!
- B6 (pyridoxine): Aids in macronutrient metabolism & in the production of red blood cells and neurotransmitters. It’s coenzymes play a role in over 100 enzyme reactions! It has been found useful in assisting with symptoms of several issues, including PMS, depression, and anemia.
Vitamin B Complex May Increase Energy
One of primary functions of all the B vitamins is to turn the food we eat into energy our body can use. Food doesn’t create energy by itself – B vitamins are the keys to actually unlocking the energy stored in food.
Vitamin B Complex May Improve Mood and Reduce Stress, Anxiety & Depression
A study found that high-dose supplementation of B Complex actually reduced workplace stress and reduced confusion! It also reduced feelings of depression. Other studies have shown B Complex to reduce feelings of depression and anxiety.
Why are Vitamin B Complex IV Infusions better than oral supplements?
While B Complex injections and IVs are the most effective, absorbable way to get B complex into your system. Oral vitamins must pass through the digestive system and be broken down into a form your body can use – typically resulting in a low amount of the vitamin actually getting absorbed all the way into your bloodstream. Oral vitamins are also limited by size – you can only fit so much into one pill, so you might not feel the boost just because the amount you absorbed was so small! A B complex IV therapy bypasses the stomach altogether, and is already in a form your body can use, so it is absorbed immediately.
How often do I need a Vitamin B Complex IV Infusion?
Most of our clients love getting B Complex IV infusions weekly, monthly, or whenever they feel like they need a boost of energy, cholesterol management, metabolism management, and hair/skin health. People who drink alcohol regularly should definitely get regular B-Complex infusions after drinking, as alcohol has a dramatic impact on thiamine levels. Most of our clients get their B Complex combined with 5 other energy-boosting vitamins in our “Myers Cocktail.”
At INFUZE – we really want our clients to be educated on ALL the benefits of what we offer to optimize your health. Understanding the body and what we put into it is so important. So make sure you make your health a priority and let our team of experts help you look and feel amazing!
BOOK your B-Complex Infusion today!